The following warranty applies to all SIGLENT products procured through the SIGLENT America office and/or its’ approved North American representatives and/or distributors. Product purchased from outside the SIGLENT network will be serviced by the selling agents and not SIGLENT Technologies.
1. SIGLENT Technologies warrants its products’ mainframe and accessories in materials and technologies within the warranty period. During the period concerned, SIGLENT guarantees the free replacement or repair of products that are approved as defective.
2. All Siglent test instruments come with a 3-year warranty on parts and labor, with the following exceptions – Specifications within published tolerances, accessories and batteries come with a one-year warranty. Software options that have been installed on an instrument (activated) cannot be returned, refunded, or exchanged.
Many new instruments ship with trial software licenses. We strongly recommend trying the functionality of the optional feature using the available trials before purchasing and installing the permanent license. See the instrument datasheet and/or User’s Manual for more detailed information about optional features or contact your nearest SIGLENT office.
In the above-mentioned periods, any hardware or software errors that occur due to quality or workmanship flaws will be examined and repaired or replaced, at Siglent’s discretion, by the SIGLENT Maintenance Center or its authorized maintenance branch at no charge.
3. The warranty period starts from the date of the valid certificate of purchase (receipt or invoice). If the invoice cannot be offered, the starting date will adopt the manufacturer’s delivery date. In the event of a sale or product transfer by the original purchaser to a third party, the warranty period shall be three (3) years or one (1) year (See #2) from the date of purchase of the product by the original purchaser from SIGLENT or its authorized distributors.
4. For in-warranty service, SIGLENT strives to attain fast turn-around. Normal repair time is less than 10 business days. For service that will exceed this time SIGLENT will attempt to provide loaner units to be used during the repair cycle. Final availability of loaner units will be at SIGLENT’s discretion. The transportation cost of return shipments within North America to the customer will be paid by SIGLENT. If special transportation is required, please make contact with the SIGLENT Maintenance Center.
5. The warranty is void if:
5.1 Accidental damage occurs during transportation (please confer with insurance agency or transportation company on the compensation).
5.2 Malfunction or damage is caused by misuse according to warnings in the product documentation or using or storing in an environment outside of the specification’s limits.
5.3 Surface damage by manmade factors, like burning, distortion by force, etc.
5.4 Repaired by anyone who is not from SIGLENT Maintenance Center or an authorized maintenance branch.
5.5 Accident damage caused by using a power cord or a power adapter not approved by SIGLENT.
5.6 Malfunction or damage caused by natural calamities, like earthquake, lightning strike, etc.
6. If the received products have exceeded the warranty time period or the lifetime warranty, SIGLENT will still provide the related repair and or maintenance services. However, the owners of the products are responsible for the repair and or maintenance charges, the return shipping charges and any additional costs.
7. SIGLENT assumes partial maintenance responsibility which is reasonable and operable and refuses to accept any other responsibility for the damage caused by the customers’ wrong operation.
8. Our normal repair process includes upgrading the firmware to the latest available release. Please notify SIGLENT if you wish to have another revision installed before shipping the instrument for repair.
9. Product with fault not covered by the warranty should be transported to SIGLENT Maintenance Center to have a repair, and the consignor will pay the transportation cost.
10. Please contact with SIGLENT Maintenance Center for any kind of special maintenance or service requirement.
11. No Liability & No Promise Clauses. SIGLENT will not be liable for the inevitable, indirect, or supplementary damages of the product purchasers or the third party users that are caused by its product deficiency; for example, loss of profitability, loss of sales investment, loss of business image or enterprise interactional obstacles. In addition, SIGLENT has no liability for the deficiency of other apparatus, equipment or facilities caused by the operation of its product.
The above is SIGLENT’s most complete version of Warranty policy; these clauses may displace other oral or written versions of warranty policy. Except for the above-described product warranty, SIGLENT will not provide additional warranty policy other than what is described and claimed in this composition.
Warranty above applies to products sold by SIGLENT Technologies. and its authorized dealers and any other form of warranty should be based on this. SIGLENT technology has the final power of interpretation with the maintenance affairs.